Friday 18 June 2010

Day 12 - Kaiserslautern to Karlsruhe

Oh what a difference a day makes!

Warm, sunny, blue skies and my tail wind back again. Bill had caught the train from Karlsruhe and I met him at Kaiserslautern at 9am. We had a relaxed coffee at the station and headed off through some lovely forests. There were good climbs and better descents before we ended up in St Martin for a lunch of saumagen and weinschole (half a litre of white wine spritzer).

"Just having downed our wine"



Out of the woods we followed the Suddeutscheweinstrße (which I think stands for the South Germany Wine route). This was rolling countryside passing through gorgeous villages resulting in great cycling. So far it was the hottest day of my trip and the first time I cycled with just one cycling top on. Normally I have a coolmax top on under my cycling jersey.

The final part of the route was flat acros s the Rhein Valley and refreshed by a weiss beer after crossing the Rhein we arrived in Kalsruhe in time for  curry and beers to watch a great England performance.

"On ferry crossing the Rhein"


 
Oh well at least England are undefeated unlike Germany , France and Spain.

Todays stats
Distance 127.45
Climb 1197m
Riding time 6:04:41
Average Speed 20.9
Total riding time 9:15.00

1 comment:

  1. Great England performance! What game were you watching?

    ReplyDelete